McKinley Irvin Blogs from September 2011

  • International Travel with Children Considerations

    Do I need permission from my spouse or ex-spouse to obtain a passport for my child? Yes. Whether you are married, divorced, or single, federal law requires that both parents consent to the issuance of a U.S. passport for any child under the age of 16. The easiest way to comply with the two-parent consent requirement is for both parents to appear in person when their child applies for a passport. However, if one of the parents is unable to attend, a notarized letter evidencing his or her consent to apply for the child’s ...
    Continue reading >>
  • What to Expect in Divorce Court

    What to Expect in Divorce Court Most people are not familiar with courtroom practices and procedures, making any court appearance stressful. And going to court for a divorce can be particularly nerve-racking. Your very personal information will likely be discussed in front of strangers, and a judge may make financial or parenting decisions that you do not agree with. To help prepare for this process, this article explains the different types of court appearances you may be required to participate in during a divorce, as well as how to act in divorce court. ...
    Continue reading >>
Page of 1
  • Best Lawyers
  • Best Law Firms
  • Super Lawyers
  • AV Preeminent
  • Puget Sound Business Journal Washington's Best Workplaces 2023
  • American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
  • Best Lawyers - Lawyer of the Year 2024
  • Avvo Rating 10.0
  • "My attorney was very good in and out of the courtroom. Always kept me up to date on any issues that came up. " R.R.
  • "We would highly recommend the knowledgeable and dedicated law firm of McKinley Irvin to anyone who might be seeking legal services. " P.M.
  • "I knew I had made the right decision. From the beginning of my case to conclusion, I knew I had a great team looking out for my best interest. " Christine P.
  • "I cannot imagine two people better able to represent me " M.L.
  • "I always felt my specific needs were very well represented and that I could count on David to be a trusted adviser. " T.M.
Read More