Everett Divorce & Family Law Attorneys
Our Everett office offers top-tier family law and matrimonial legal representation. We understand the complexities of the divorce process and leverage decades of experience to achieve successful results for our clients. Our Everett divorce lawyers and staff are compassionate legal advocates dedicated to protecting what you value most.
Premier Family Law Attorneys Serving Everett, Washington
McKinley Irvin provides clients in Everett with personalized representation and client service. We strive to tailor solutions to your unique situation. We can help with any of the following matters:
- Divorce: Our Everett divorce attorneys are well versed in traditional and complex case types, including high net worth property division, international divorce, LGBT divorce, and legal separation.
- Child custody: McKinley Irvin’s family lawyers are committed to protecting the best interests of our clients in this delicate matter. We can also assist with modifications and relocations.
- Child support: We can help you understand Washington child support laws and provide assistance with enforcement of support, support modifications, and defense against back support actions.
- Adoption: If you are pursuing a domestic, international, second parent, or stepparent adoption, we can offer step-by-step guidance through the adoption process.
- Domestic violence: Our team handles cases involving domestic violence or allegations of violence. We are available to support you through this difficult time and assist with protection orders.
- LGBT Family Law: McKinley Irvin attorneys are knowledgeable legal advocates in this evolving area of family law and we frequently represent same-sex couples in divorce, custody, and other family law matters.
We are located in Snohomish County, Washington. We serve residents of Everett and surrounding areas including Mukilteo, Marysville, Snohomish, Monroe, Lynnwood, Mill Creek, and Mountlake Terrace.
Schedule a Consultation with one of our Family Law and Divorce Lawyers
Contact McKinley Irvin to request more information about our services and to schedule a consultation with a family lawyer (in person, by phone, or via videoconference). Our Client Services team members can help you determine which attorney is best suited for your unique case.
McKinley Irvin Everett Family Law Firm
2825 Colby Avenue, Suite 306
Everett, WA 98201
Map / Directions
DIRECTIONS TO OUR EVERETT OFFICE:
2825 Colby Ave, Suite 306
Everett, WA 98201
From I-5 North
- Use the right two lanes to take exit 192 and merge onto Broadway Ave.
- Turn left onto Hewitt Ave.
- Turn right onto Colby Ave.
- Office building will be on the right-hand corner.
From I-5 South
- Take exit 194 for Everett Avenue.
- Turn right on Everett Ave.
- Turn left onto Colby Ave.
- Office building on the northeast corner of Colby & Hewitt Avenues.
There is ample free street parking in the immediate area. Be sure to park in a 90-minute parking space, as some are only 30-minute parking spaces. There is also a paid parking lot behind our office building (Union Bank Building).
We are located centrally in downtown Everett, with many nearby restaurants and coffee shops. We are across the street from the Historic Everett Theatre and Schack Art Center. It is a short drive from our office to the waterfront, where you can enjoy lunch and a view from Anthony’s, or visit the iconic Everett family pub and brewery, Scuttlebutt.
Union Bank Building: We are located in the same building as Union Bank. There is a Starbucks next door.
Hotels: Everett lodging is within walking distance of our office.
Childcare: Drop-in childcare is offered at the following Everett centers on a space-available basis. Call in advance to inquire.
Pet Care: Call ahead to reserve a spot and learn about dog daycare requirements.
Everett Divorce FAQs
Do I need an attorney to get a divorce in Everett?
You are not required to hire an attorney to get a divorce in Washington state, but it is highly recommended. Unless you have no assets, no debts, and no children, you should seek legal counsel from an experienced Everett divorce lawyer to protect yourself while making legal decisions that may affect the rest of your life.
Should I file for legal separation instead of divorce?
Legal separation can be filed if you do not yet qualify for divorce in Washington, or if it is your preference to file for a legal separation. Legal separation is handled similarly to divorce, but you continue to be legally married. Before deciding on whether to file for divorce or legal separation, we encourage you to consult with one of our divorce attorneys. Read McKinley Irvin’s Guide to Getting a Divorce in Washington State to learn more about legal separation.
While my divorce is pending, should I file my taxes as married or single? Jointly or separately?
If your divorce is not finalized prior to December 31st, then you and your spouse must file as married. If spouses are legally divorced on or before December 31st, they should file single, no matter how much of that tax year they were married. Divorcing spouses must then decide whether to file joint or separate taxes. Read more about post-divorce financial obligations and tax implications in our Guide to Getting a Divorce in Washington State.
How will our assets and debts be divided?
In Washington state and Snohomish County, community property is divided equitably. This means that community property (assets and debts acquired during the marriage) are divided in a manner that is fair and equitable to both parties. Separate property is usually not divided, but may be in certain circumstances to make a property division more fair. Gifts and inheritance are typically not subject to property division. Complex assets, like business interests, retirement accounts, investments, etc. require skilled analysis to determine how they will be divided equitably. Learn more about division of assets and debts in our Guide to Getting a Divorce in Washington State.
Is an Ex’s Remarriage Grounds to Modify Child Support?
Divorced individuals commonly find a new love and remarry. According to the Pew Research Center, nearly 60% of divorced (or widowed) Americans had remarried . Can an ex’s remarriage be a basis for ...Read More
Careers at McKinley Irvin Everett
Our Everett office hosts some of the area’s most talented family law attorneys and legal professionals. McKinley Irvin attracts exceptional talent because our law firm is unique. While most law firms are run by lawyers, we delegate business strategy and growth planning to our management team. This gives our Everett attorneys the freedom to do what they do best: practice family law. McKinley Irvin is dedicated to fostering an environment in which talent can grow and prosper.
INTERESTED IN JOINING MCKINLEY IRVIN'S EVERETT TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS?
- Visit our Careers page for current job openings.
If you are interested in a career at McKinley Irvin in our Everett office, please contact email@example.com or (425) 276-6878.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
McKinley Irvin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.