Part 2: Before Divorce
Considerations Before Filing For Divorce In Oregon
Divorce is one of the biggest stressors in a person’s life and will
affect your home, finances and children well into the future. Although
it may be difficult to focus on your upcoming divorce, you will be far
better off if you take the time and energy to carefully plan for this
major event. This section suggests some initial considerations before
you file for divorce in Oregon. If you suspect that your spouse will file
for divorce against you, then you should take all of the following planning
Recognize That Divorce Changes Everything
HOW WILL DIVORCE AFFECT YOUR LIFE?
The first step is to consider and accept how divorce will change you and
your family. Between now and the time your Oregon divorce case is final:
- You may need to change where you live and how you manage your household.
- You may need to change where your children live and go to school.
- You may have less money, retirement assets and property.
- You will likely have to change your budgets and spending habits.
- You may see your children less often, or have to parent on your own day-to-day.
- You may have to deal with stress, anger, loneliness and other emotions
during this period.
- Your relationships with shared friends or in-laws may change.
On the other hand, divorce can be a beneficial transition, especially as
time passes. With the right resources, Oregon legal counsel and attitude,
you and your children can be even stronger after divorce.
Read More: Why You Should Get Organized Before You File for Divorce