Tacoma Divorce & Family Law Attorneys
Our downtown Tacoma office is located in the 1201 Pacific Building, where our team of family law attorneys and a complete legal support staff are dedicated to exceptional family law representation and providing personalized client service. McKinley Irvin’s Tacoma divorce lawyers are passionate about family law and helping people protect themselves and their loved ones through what can be one of life’s most turbulent events.
Tacoma’s Top-Rated Divorce Law Firm
Our Tacoma divorce lawyers have received some of the legal profession’s top honors and are widely recognized as among the best family law attorneys in the region. Over the years, we have helped thousands of clients successfully navigate challenging family law issues in Tacoma and its surrounding areas, including:
- Divorce – Our attorneys handle traditional divorce cases and complex and niche cases, such as collaborative divorce, international divorce, military divorce, and LGBT divorce.
- Child Custody – Our legal team protects the interests of our clients during child custody proceedings. We have handled a wide range of custody cases, from child custody in divorce to modifications, paternity and relocation cases.
- Child Support – We help clients understand child support laws and provide assistance with support enforcement, modifications, and defense against back support actions.
- Military Divorce & Family Law – We help service members and their families navigate the intricate state and federal laws that govern military divorce, child custody, and other family law matters.
- Domestic Violence – We handle cases involving domestic violence or allegations of domestic violence, and provide assistance with protection orders.
Communities We Serve
McKinley Irvin has multiple locations to best serve our clients throughout Washington. Our Tacoma office serves residents of Pierce County and South King County. The office is located in downtown Tacoma, which is easily accessible to residents of Federal Way, Gig Harbor and Puyallup. For the convenience of our clients, we also facilitate consultation and ongoing client meetings through videconferencing and teleconferencing, which provides local clients an excellent opportunity to avoid traffic, and out-of-state and international clients an opportunity to speak face-to-face with their attorney despite great distances.
Schedule a Consultation with a Tacoma Divorce and Family Law Attorney
If you are contemplating divorce or need support in a matter relating to family law, we invite you to schedule a meeting with a Tacoma family lawyer at McKinley Irvin. When you contact us, our Client Services team will assist you in scheduling a consultation with an attorney in person, by phone, or via videoconference.
McKinley Irvin Tacoma Family Law Firm
1201 Pacific Ave, Suite 2000
Tacoma, WA 98402
Map / Directions
DIRECTIONS TO OUR TACOMA OFFICE:
1201 Pacific Avenue, Suite 2000
Tacoma, WA 98402
Traveling from I-5 North or South
- Take the City Center/Tacoma Dome Exit and merge onto I-705.
- Take the A Street exit on the left toward City Center (do not enter Schuster Parkway to the right).
- Proceed through the traffic light at South 13th Street.
- After the light, turn immediately into the visitor parking garage on your left that leads to underground parking.
- Park and follow the Building Entrance signs and arrows.
- You will walk through a series of doors. Follow the signs that say “To Main Lobby.”
- Take the escalator to the lobby. At the top, turn left and proceed to the second set of elevators, labeled “Floors 14-22.”
- Take the elevator to the 20th floor and enter the double doors into Suite 2000.
Validated parking is offered in the parking garage below the 1201 Pacific Building. Please bring your parking voucher with you, so we can validate it when you are ready to depart. Street parking is also available around the building.
We are located in the heart of downtown Tacoma. In any direction, there are restaurants within walking distance, including the Pacific Grill Restaurant two blocks south, Starbucks one block north, and many others, including The Matador, The Old Spaghetti Factory, Mexico Magico, The Forum, and The Fish Peddler. Several banks are also within walking distance, including US Bank, Columbia Bank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Commencement Bank.
1201 Pacific Building: In the lobby of our building, you’ll find the Pacific Coffee House & Deli.
Hotels: Should you need accommodations in Tacoma, hotels are within walking distance of our office.
Childcare: For drop-in childcare referrals and information, you may use this complimentary service and online search.
Pet Care: Dog daycare is available within minutes of our office. Call ahead for more information.
Tacoma Family Law FAQs
I live in Pierce County but work in King County. In which county should I file for divorce?
You should file for divorce with the clerk’s office in the county where you (or your spouse) currently live. However, your attorney does not need to be located in the same county where your divorce is filed. For instance, our Tacoma attorneys often represent clients that file for divorce in South King County, Kitsap County, and Thurston County, in addition to Pierce County. Learn more about the initial steps of divorce in our Guide to Getting a Divorce in Washington State.
What is the cost to meet with a Tacoma divorce lawyer?
The cost of a consultation varies depending on the attorney you meet with, so you should contact our Client Services team to determine which attorney is the best fit for your case and what the cost will be. McKinley Irvin offers in person, telephone, or videoconference meetings to provide the best service suited to your needs.
What are the “grounds for divorce” in Tacoma?
Washington is a no-fault state, therefore a spouse does not have to prove wrongdoing (like abuse, dishonesty or infidelity) to get a divorce. All that is required to file for divorce in Tacoma is for one spouse to believe the marriage is “irretrievably broken.” Read about spousal misconduct considerations in our Guide to Getting a Divorce in Washington.
What is the process for stepparent adoption in Tacoma?
The stepparent adoption process in Tacoma is not as complicated as you might imagine. A McKinley Irvin family law attorney can guide you through every phase of the adoption process. Read our blog post, “The Stepparents Guide to Adoption,” to learn what must be done before your final hearing. Some counties, including Pierce County, are known for creating a particularly special finalization experience for families.
Mark Arend Partner
Lindsay D. Camandona Partner
Amy Carei Senior Attorney
Marc T. Christianson Partner (Retired)
Hillary Dawn Attorney
Cameron Fleury Partner
Rainer Frank Senior Attorney
Rita Herrera Irvin Founder & CEO
Lindsay Noel Senior Attorney
Samuel Page Senior Attorney
Margaret Quartararo Attorney
Careers at McKinley Irvin Tacoma
McKinley Irvin’s Tacoma office hosts exceptional attorneys and legal professionals dedicated to helping clients during a time of need. We believe that in order to best serve our community, we must foster a work environment in which all team members can reach their full potential. We encourage professional growth by offering our employees training, mentorship, and a respect for work-life balance.
INTERESTED IN JOINING MCKINLEY IRVIN'S TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS?
- Visit our Careers page for current job openings.
If you are interested in a career at McKinley Irvin in our Tacoma office, please contact email@example.com or (253) 256-1265.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
McKinley Irvin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.