About Erin Blower
Erin Blower feels fulfilled in practicing family law.
"Family law is a helping profession. I enjoy working closely with people to get them to a better place. It is personal and meaningful work."
Erin understands how unsettling a family law case can be. She is sensitive to the emotional impact of the divorce process on both her clients and their families.
"These cases are not just legal or financial—these are times of huge transition and emotional upheaval in people’s lives. It’s important to work with an empathetic attorney who understands the whole picture."
Erin guides clients in trying to find resolution of their problems through alternative dispute resolution. She skillfully brings issues to court when agreed solutions are not possible. She feels gratified when her clients succeed in regaining security, peace of mind, and relief from a personal ordeal.
With significant experience in domestic violence cases, Erin is a trusted resource for community and court advocates. She serves as secretary of the DOVE Project, a domestic violence resource organization that emphasizes prevention through education.
Originally from Minnesota, Erin lives on Vashon Island with her family. When she’s not working, Erin can be found cheering on her children’s sports teams and enjoying Vashon’s hiking trails.Next >>
- Member, Washington State Bar Association, 2012 - Present
- Member, King County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2013 - Present
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2014 - 2015
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2007 - Present
- Board Member, DOVE Project, 2017 - 2018
- Secretary, DOVE Project, 2019 – 2021
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School
- B.A., University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
Publications & Presentations
- Chief Author, Chapter 9: Domestic Relations Practice, 2019 Washington Lawyers Practice Manual, King County Bar Association, June 2020
- Content Editor, Chapter 9: Domestic Relations Practice, 2019 Washington Lawyers Practice Manual, King County Bar Association, June 2020
- Author, Part One: Dissolution, Legal Separation and Declaration Concerning Validity, Chapter 9 Domestic Relations Practice, 2019 Washington Lawyers Practice Manual, King County Bar Association, June 2020
- Presenter, Advanced Child And Spousal Support Issues, Advanced Family Law Seminar, National Business Institute, 2021
- Presenter, Mental Health Evidence in Custody and Abuse Cases, Discovery and Evidence in Divorce, 2016