About Amy Carei
Amy Carei comes from humble beginnings. She was the first person in her extended family to go to college, let alone attend law school. Raised by a single mother with limited means, Amy understands the importance of family and the value of a dollar. She takes neither for granted in her law practice.
"Having received an advanced education, I feel that I now owe something to the world. I strive to use my degree to help people who really need help. I find that there is great opportunity for service in family law."
Amy prides herself on being a genuine and approachable person first and a lawyer second. She takes time to understand what her clients are going through and has a knack for explaining complicated legal processes in plain English.
She believes that true collaboration leads to the best legal outcomes.
"I see myself as the navigator and my client as the pilot. I want my clients to participate actively in the process. I serve as the legal authority; they are the authority on their own lives."
Amy has significant experience representing clients in times of crisis. Before transitioning to private practice, she worked for an agency that was dedicated to helping survivors of domestic violence. She is passionate about providing families with opportunities to create safer, more stable lives.
A fifth generation Washingtonian, Amy lives in Tacoma with her spouse, her three children, and two dogs - a Belgium Shepard named Kismet and a St. Bernard named Ellie. The family enjoys cooking, gardening, and hiking together. Amy’s hobbies include playing the violin, remodeling her 1890’s Craftsman house, and restoring old Toyota hatchbacks.Next >>
- Washington State Bar Association, 2014 – Present
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association, 2017 – Present
- Volunteer, Rainbow Center Legal Clinic
- Volunteer, Humane Society of Washington State
J.D., Seattle University
- CALI Award for Foreclosure Mediation
- Diversity Scholarship Recipient
- Certified Mediator, King County Center for Dispute Resolution
- Certified Guardian ad Litem
- B.A. in Sociology, Pacific Lutheran University
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, Ethics in Parenting Plans for Prison inmates, NALS Ethics CLE, 2019