About Eric Leavitt
As a father of four, Eric Leavitt approaches every one of his cases with a deep empathy for his clients. Because family law matters can be emotionally difficult, his goal is to help his clients navigate the process so they can soon get to a better place.
Eric specializes in complex divorce cases involving children. He empathizes with clients who are parents and uses the time he is given in court to prioritize their goals. He is particularly skilled in parenting plan modifications and non-parental custody cases.
"Family has always been the most important aspect of my life. When I hear from former clients and they tell me they are doing well, and that their children are doing well, I am especially gratified."
Eric was drawn to family law, not only because of his interest in family dynamics, but because he appreciates the unique nature of every case. On any given day, he uses his diverse knowledge of parenting issues, debt management, asset protection, and real estate and business valuations.
Eric’s colleagues describe him as genuine, eloquent, and kind. When he is not working, he enjoys reading, hiking, woodworking, and spending time with his family.Next >>
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Volunteer Lawyer, Spokane County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Program, 2014 - 2020
- Volunteer, McGeorge Immigration Clinic, 2012 – 2013
- J.D., McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
- B.S., Brigham Young University
- A.A., Brigham Young University - Idaho
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, “What Do You Do When Custody and Visitation Become a Nightmare?” What Do You Do When…., 2016
- Presenter, “What Do You Do When Parental and Third Party Rights are Disputed?” What Do You Do When…., 2016