About Elizabeth Michelson
For four decades, Elizabeth Michelson has practiced family law with a singular
focus: “Providing my clients the best possible service. Every client.
That philosophy has served this Snohomish County-based attorney—and those she represents—remarkably well. In the process, it has earned Liz an impressive array of public tributes that include Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America® and inclusion in the Best Lawyers publication for 19 years running; Leading Lawyers, Seattle Business Magazine; Top Attorneys In Washington, Seattle Met Magazine; and perennial appearances on the roster of Washington Super Lawyers®.
But it is not the exhaustive list of accolades that bring this Of Counsel member of the McKinley Irvin legal team her greatest professional satisfaction. Far from it.
"It may be a cliché, but I can honestly say that helping hundreds of clients over the years through one of the most stressful, emotionally grueling, and financially challenging times of their lives definitely has been the most rewarding aspect of my work. Every client is important to me. If it’s my case, it’s personal."
What continues to motivate Liz, she adds, is a resolve to offer a level
of legal service that guarantees all her clients walk away on conclusion
of their cases convinced “beyond a shred of doubt that I did my
very best for them.” It’s a high bar, indeed, and she meets
it routinely, as is reflected in feedback from individuals and families
she has served over the years.
”Rather than feeling like a file on her desk,” says a former client, “my lawyer made me feel like a person going through a life-changing event. She is caring and supportive, and is not afraid to fight for what is right.”
Liz, a self-described fair weather gardener, proud grandparent of four and step-grandparent of two, possesses to this day those qualities that have made her such an effective advocate for so many years: empathy, perseverance, and an overarching motivation to help her clients successfully navigate their lives.Next >>
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1996-present
- Committee Member, Domestic Relations Work Group, State Board for Judicial Administration, 2000-2001
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Women Lawyers
- J.D., University of Colorado School of Law
- Graduate, Pacific Family Mediation Institute
- Professional Mediation Skills Training Program
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, "Spousal Maintenance: Modification, Suspension, Termination," Snohomish County Bar Association CLE, 2005
- Presenter, "Pros & Cons of Prenuptial Agreements," American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers CLE