About Hillary Roberts-Griffith
As a child of divorce herself, Hillary Roberts-Griffith identifies with her clients’ circumstances on the most personal level, and understands the profound effects that divorce has on a family.
"I want my clients to know that I genuinely care. I care about their lives, their goals, and their children, and I want them to come through the divorce process in the best emotional and financial health possible."
With a master’s degree in English Language and Literature, Hillary is a persuasive writer and articulate speaker. Whether through her legal writing or in court argument, she embraces the power of language to help her clients share their unique stories, and ensures that their position is clearly asserted and validated.
"I love telling people’s stories. It is so rewarding when my client reads a declaration I have written or listens to my courtroom argument and later tells me, ‘that’s exactly what I wanted to say.'"
With her strategic approach to cases, Hillary stands prepared to handle cases no matter what direction they take. She’s a tenacious advocate who, skilled in high-conflict litigation, thrives in the courtroom. However, she is also resourceful in finding creative solutions to avoid litigation, thereby eliminating the stress of trial.
Hillary is a mixed media artist who has displayed her artwork publicly. She enjoys taking spin classes, spending time with her nephews, and hiking with her dogs: Muppet, Pickle and Kevin.Next >>
- Washington State Bar Association, 2013 – Present
- Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2014 – Present
- King County Bar Association, 2017 – Present
- Pro Bono Adjunct Professor, Seattle University School of Law, 2022
- Mentor Attorney, Seattle University School of Law Legal Clinic, 2020 – Present
- Volunteer Attorney, King County Family Law Clinics, 2018 – Present
- Speaker’s Bureau Member, King County Sexual Assault Resource Center, 2018 - Present
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law
- M.A., Washington State University
- B.A., Washington State University
Publications & Presentations
- Author, Tread Carefully: Working with Pro Se Litigants, KCBA Bar Bulletin, March 2020
- Featured in “Next Gen in Law Series,” Puget Sound Business Journal, July 2022
- Presenter, “Hearsay Objections and Exceptions,” Applying the Rules of Evidence: What Every Attorney Needs to Know, National Business Institute CLE, 2018
- Presenter, “Witnesses- Admission of Evidence and Impeachment,” Authenticating and Admitting Evidence: Start to Finish, National Business Institute CLE, 2019
- Presenter, “Divorce Procedures, Initial Steps and Preliminary Orders,” Family Law from Start to Finish, National Business Institute CLE, 2019
- Presenter, “Parental Alienation and Abuse Allegations,” Top Challenges in Washington Family Law, National Business Institute, November 2022
- Presenter, “Ethics in Family Law,” Top Challenges in Washington Family Law, National Business Institute, November 2022