About Katie McGinley
Katie McGinley began her law career helping people who were living in Seattle shelters and were confronting legal challenges, often centered around contentious family law issues. With this foundation of guiding people through high conflict matters, she established her own family law practice in Vancouver, Washington. Seeking to offer her clients personalized solutions beyond traditional litigation, she pursued certification as a mediator and collaborative divorce lawyer.
Having gone through a divorce herself, especially as a parent, Katie has a profound understanding of the genuine needs people have during the divorce process. Her experience as a former certified life coach adds another dimension to her skill set, enabling her to excel in active listening, assist individuals in identifying their interests, and offer valuable encouragement.
“I find fulfillment in helping my clients envision a future beyond their current struggles. While divorce is a significant event, I emphasize that it won't define the rest of their lives.”
Katie draws upon her extensive legal knowledge and personal journey to offer a holistic approach to her clients. Recognizing that the divorce process is not one-size-fits-all, she tailors her approach based on the client’s circumstances and desired outcome.
Katie finds joy in cooking, reading, and spending summer days by the river with her son. An aspiring master gardener, she enjoys tending to the grounds around her historic home. She has an energetic Newfoundland named Vada and two rescue rabbits, Skylark and Junco.Next >>
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Board member, Community Mediation Services, November 2023-Present
- Volunteer Mediator, Community Mediation Services Practicum, 2014-2016
- Court Appointed Special Advocate and Volunteer Attorney, Vancouver YWCA 2011-2016
- Volunteer Lawyer, Volunteer Lawyer Program Domestic Violence Clinic, 2011-2016
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law
- B.A., Gonzaga University
- Divorce Mediation Training, Mosten Guthrie Academy
- Certified Mediator Certificate, Community Mediation Services
- Collaborative Law Training, Two Rivers Institute