About Lindsay Noel
Wanting her practice of law to have a positive effect on clients, Lindsay attended law school with the intent of becoming a family law attorney. As an associate at McKinley Irvin's Tacoma law office, Lindsay’s calm demeanor and bright intellect give her (and the clients she works with) the edge in attaining advantageous legal solutions in stressful situations.
Lindsay understands that each client requires a unique result to his or her own personal situation. “There are no boilerplate results in family law,” Lindsay says. “I approach family law cases with an open mind and learn as much about the client as possible.”
Because a family law case almost always results in major transformations in a person’s life, Lindsay not only seeks legal solutions for her clients, but also looks for resources that may help the client adjust to these changes.
"Practicing family law gives me an opportunity to get to know clients as individuals," says Lindsay. "I get a chance to learn what they want for their family, and then use that information to advocate for them. I like that family law allows me to help people as well as protect their legal interests."
In addition, Lindsay’s experience working with children allows her to provide good counsel to clients facing family law issues involving kids.
"I can help identify results that are most appropriate for a family with young children,” she says. “Helping parents recognize how their children might react during their family law case allows us to identify ways to minimize the effects on their children."
Lindsay is also a committed volunteer, providing family law services helping children through King County’s Family Law CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) program.Next >>
- Trustee, Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Robert J. Bryan American Inns of Court
- Family Law CASA of King County (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, Summa Cum Laude
- Seattle University Law Review, Note and Comment Editor
- B.A., University of Washington, Dean's List
Publications & Presentations
- “Gray Divorce: A Comprehensive Legal Guide for Divorce After 50,” McKinley Irvin Legal Resource Guide, 2015
- “Ethics in Family Law: Tricky Situations,” CLE, 2015
- “Family Law - Advanced Issues,” CLE, 2014