About Jennifer Payseno
Behind Jennifer Payseno's calm and deliberate demeanor are the intellect and ability of one of Seattle's finest family law attorneys. Practicing since 1992 and affiliated with McKinley Irvin since 1999, Jennifer is highly regarded throughout the family law community for her integrity, courtroom skills, and unwavering commitment to the families she serves. She serves clients primarily from our offices in Seattle and Bellevue.
"The first thing I do is create a rapport with my clients, who are often under significant stress," Jennifer notes. "I work hard to establish an environment of trust and ease, which helps me focus quickly on their hopes, fears, and expectations so we can begin developing an effective case strategy."
While Jennifer is a caring legal advisor to her clients, she is at the same time an intense and effective advocate.
Jennifer says she chose to practice family law so that she could make a fundamental and positive difference in the lives of her clients. One of the most appealing aspects of the practice, she says, is its exceptional variety, both in terms of circumstances and people.
"Every case is different," says Jennifer. "On any given day, I might be dealing with business interests, real estate investments, stock options, parenting plans, or tax issues. What never changes, however, are my beliefs in putting my clients first and negotiating from a position of strength."
Founding partner Sands McKinley is an unabashed admirer of his colleague's skill and savvy.
"We met Jennifer years ago when she was the opposing attorney in a case," he recalls. "She was an extremely tough opponent, exceptionally well prepared, well-respected by the court, and a steadfast client advocate. She understood how to develop case strategy and execute it effectively. In sum, she was—and is—a real pro. We knew she belonged at McKinley Irvin, and we had the good fortune of persuading her to join us."Next >>
- First Vice President, King County Bar Association, 2018 - Present
- Second Vice President, King County Bar Association, 2017 - Present
- Member, King County Judicial Screening Committee
- Treasurer, King County Bar Association, 2013-2014
- Chair, King County Judicial Screening Committee, 2009-2010
- Trustee, King County Bar Association, 2000-2003
- President, South King County Bar Association 1998-1999
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Board of Directors, King County Boys & Girls Clubs
- Volunteer, King County Legal Clinic 1998-2006
- Former Coordinator, South King County Legal Clinic
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law
- B.A., Georgia Southern University
Publications & Presentations
- Contributor, "Business Law's Frequently Asked Questions," 425 Business Magazine, August 2016
- Contributor, “Is Divorce in Your Retirement Plan?,” 425 Business Magazine, January 2015
- Author, “Trends and considerations in gray divorce,” Avvo Stories, March 2015
- Author, Own A Business? What You Should Consider Before Saying, "I Do." Seattle Business Magazine, 2014
- Contributor, “What You Should Know About Gray Divorce,” 425 Business Magazine, October 2014
- Author, "Divorce and Economic Recession," King County Bar Association Bar Bulletin, January 2009
- Presenter, "Marital Agreements: Pre and Post Enforcement and Requirements," Washington Bar Association Community Property CLE, April 2011
- Jennifer Payseno talks about pre-nups on Good in Your Neighborhood on KMPS radio , November 23, 2008
- Presenter, "Advanced Family Law Ethics," Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association CLE, October 2007
- Presenter, "Ethical Considerations," Relationship Agreements Seminar, Seattle, October 2007