About Joel C. Odimba Jr.
Joel C. Odimba, Jr. is dedicated to helping clients navigate some of life’s toughest moments.
“Family law is important and fulfilling work. I take pride in knowing that my assistance can make a direct and meaningful impact on my clients’ lives.”
Named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers® every year since 2020, Joel has been consistently recognized by his peers for his legal acumen and achievements. Carving out an impressive legal resume, his contributions include leadership roles within the Loren Miller Bar Association, serving on the Family Law CASA Board, and published works and presentations on various legal topics, including LGBTQ family law matters.
Joel is a skilled negotiator who frequently facilitates case settlements without litigation. However, when cases cannot be resolved outside of the courtroom, he is a tenacious advocate in litigation. He does everything he can to ensure that his clients’ voices are heard and their positions are clearly asserted.
“I represent my clients in court as if I were advocating on behalf of my best friend.”
With a gregarious and approachable demeanor, Joel’s clients view him not only as their attorney, but as a trusted confidant. It is not uncommon for clients to share life updates, family photos, and happy milestones with Joel, even long after their cases have closed.
Joel received his Juris Doctorate from Seattle University School of Law, where he was a member of the Black Law Student Association and the Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity. A lifelong Washingtonian, Joel grew up in Tacoma and attended college in Spokane at Gonzaga University. The Zag basketball fan and movie fanatic enjoys spending time with his family and wide network of friends.Next >>
- Secretary, Loren Miller Bar Association, 2019 – 2021
- Treasurer, Loren Miller Bar Association, 2020 – 2021
- At-Large Executive Board Member, Loren Miller Bar Association, 2017 - 2018
- Board of Directors, Family Law CASA, 2020 -2022
- Washington State Bar Association, 2016 – present
- King County Bar Association, 2016 – present
- Member, Loren Miller Bar Association, 2016 – present
- Q-Law, LGBT Bar Association of Washington, 2016 - present
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law
- B.A., Gonzaga University
Publications & Presentations
- Raising Children and the New Family Law, Sexual Orientation and the Law (2018-2019 ed.), October 2018
- How to Become a Legal Parent in Washington, Legal Voice Family Law Publication, June 2018
- Co-presenter Hot Topics in LGBTQ Law, Updates to the Uniform Parentage Act and the Impact for LGBTQ Relationships, Washington State Bar Association, Seattle, December 2019