About Brent Bohan
Brent Bohan is a family law and divorce attorney with high energy and a powerful drive to obtain the best possible outcomes for his clients.
While running a private practice, Brent discovered his talent for family law. He loves helping people solve problems, and family law provided a challenging and rewarding way to do so. Brent now focuses his practice on family law and divorce, including high asset divorce and LGBT family law.
Known for being a tough litigator, Brent combines a talent in the courtroom with his ability to develop productive and friendly relationships with the opposing counsel in a high stakes environment.
“I get a lot done by simply picking up the phone and having a rational discussion with the opposing counsel,” Brent says. “But when I say ‘see you in court,’ I mean it. Most attorneys know when I call them that if we don’t resolve our problem reasonably, they will be facing a motion. I’ve found this approach extremely effective in working towards a resolution, whether we end up in court or mediation.”
Brent places a strong client-attorney relationship at the cornerstone of his practice. Due to the turbulent nature of many family law cases, Brent works to ensure his clients feel secure and confident in the representation he provides.
Brent is an active member of several legal organizations, including serving on the Board of Trustees of the King County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division. He also volunteers for the KCBA neighborhood clinic program, family law program, and domestic violence squad.
Outside of the legal realm, Brent is devoted to Crossfit and tends to get a little too enthusiastic about his training. He unwinds by getting outdoors and spending time with friends and his Boston Terrier, Logan.Next >>
- Board of Trustees, King County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section & Litigation Section
- Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section & Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- King County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Family Law Section & Young Lawyers Division
- Federal Bar Association
- Federal Trial Bar
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member and Attorney Member
- Washington Mediation Association
- JD, Vermont Law School
- MA, Environmental Law and Policy, Vermont Law School
- BA, Politics, Philosophy, and Economics, University of Washington
- Contributor, "Filing for Divorce? Get Organized," 425 Business Magazine, 2017
- Author, “Why I Love Being a Member of the YLD,” King County Bar Bulletin, 2014
- Author, “Thinking About Using Social Media During Divorce? Think Again,” Avvo Legal Guide
- Author, “Should I Stay in the Marital Home During Divorce,” Avvo Legal Guide
- Author, “How Do I Get Child Custody in Washington State,” Avvo Legal Guide
- Author, “Helpful Tips on How to Prepare for Divorce,” Avvo Legal Guide
- Presenter, "Understanding Relocation: Fundamentals and Overview,” Lorman Education Services CLE, July 2017
- Presenter, “Motions Practice – Pitfalls in Drafting,” Bridging the Gap, 2014