About Tarik Polovina
As a young person during the Bosnian War, Tarik Polovina spent his days translating immigration documents for fellow refugees. This experience shaped his life, and when it came time to decide on a career, he knew that his true purpose in life was to help others.
While he originally planned to obtain a law degree and work for the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, he came to realize that he could make a direct impact on people’s lives by helping them through personal crises.
"Throughout my life, I have found great joy in working closely with others to make their situation better. I wanted to pursue a career through which I could help people heal; I found that in family law."
As an attorney in the firm’s Everett office, Tarik represents clients in all areas of family law, including divorce, legal separation, child custody, and parenting plan modifications. He is particularly skilled in helping clients navigate divorce, and crafts parenting plans that work for each family’s unique dynamics.
As no two cases are alike, Tarik provides personalized, compassionate representation to each client. Clients quickly perceive that he is wholeheartedly committed to their cases.
"I relate to my clients’ struggles and will do everything in my power to help them regain their sense of security and peace of mind."
Outside of work, Tarik is a comedy buff who enjoys watching standup, studying the technicalities of jokes, and figuring out what makes people laugh. He is crazy about FC Barcelona soccer, his two cats, and his Siberian Husky.Next >>
- Washington State Bar Association, 2017 - Present
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law
- B.A., University of Washington
Publications & Presentations
- Author, Part One: Dissolution, Legal Separation and Declaration Concerning Validity, Chapter 9 Domestic Relations Practice, 2019 Washington Lawyers Practice Manual, King County Bar Association, June 2020
- Author, Co-Parenting When COVID-19 Stay-At-Home Orders are Lifted, McKinley Irvin Family Law Blog, 2020