About Peter Diamond
Peter Diamond is a people-oriented attorney who was naturally drawn to family law after an extensive and diverse practice in business, real estate, estate planning, and general litigation.
"I like people. I’m interested in people’s personalities, culture, and personal histories. And I like to help people when I can. For me, family law is both intellectually stimulating and rewarding."
Pete is a highly skilled and efficient trial lawyer. He is also trained in collaborative divorce and offers this as an alternative to traditional, contested divorce litigation. His experience in business law and as a business owner makes him effective in complex property division matters, including family enterprises.
Pete is sensitive to the welfare of children during the divorce process. As a father and former court-appointed attorney for juveniles, he is gratified when children come through the divorce in sound emotional health.
"When I run into former clients and they tell me they’re doing well, and that their children are doing well, it reinforces that I did my job effectively."
Clients quickly learn that Pete is committed to their cases. He is a diligent communicator and can be relied upon to pursue all details of a case to its conclusion.
"I want people to see my character, and not just hear my words. When I say something will get done, it gets done."
Originally from Boston, Pete fell in love with Oregon while attending law school at Willamette University. He enjoys road trips, studying history, and spending time outdoors and with his family. His spouse of 25 years is a public school teacher. He is particularly proud of his two daughters, who are both involved in search and rescue with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s office.
He is admitted to practice in all Oregon State Courts, the Oregon Federal District Court, and the Tribal Court of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde Community of Oregon. He regularly appears in Multnomah County, Clackamas County, Washington County, and Columbia County.Next >>
- Clackamas County Bar Association, 2013–Present
- Clackamas County Family Law Advisory Committee, 2017–Present
- Multnomah Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2010–Present
- Multnomah Bar Association Professionalism Committee, Former Member
- All Oregon Trial and Appellate Courts, the Tribal Court for the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde Community of Oregon, and U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon.
- J.D., Willamette University College of Law
- Editor, Willamette Law Review
- B.A., University of Colorado at Boulder