About Lisa E. Martin
Lisa E. Martin feels rewarded when she has helped her clients recover their peace of mind.
"I'm moved when clients who felt hopeless come out of the divorce process feeling like life isn’t so bad. It’s an overall feeling of 'I am going to be okay, and I am going to land on my feet.'"
While Lisa represents clients of all ages, she particularly enjoys working with seniors. Gray Divorce (divorce between long-term spouses over age 50) can be a jarring, even traumatic, life experience. Lisa appreciates the unique circumstances and special emotions that attend divorce in this stage of life. She relates with genuine understanding to her more mature clients.
"When people divorce later in life, their whole world comes crashing down. I’m there to guide them through the process with compassion."
Lisa has twenty years of family law experience, and has litigated countless divorce cases in both Washington and Oregon. Her clients regard her as approachable and easy to talk to.
"I owe it to my clients to educate them and help them make the best choices, so that everyone is happy with the outcome."
Lisa’s family has lived in the Pacific Northwest for generations. She is proud of her Northwest heritage, and especially proud of her great grandfather, Clarence D. Martin, the 11th Governor of Washington state. Lisa is a devoted mother to her teenage daughter, who is a straight-A student and avid soccer player.Next >>
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Clark County Bar Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association, 2004 - 2013
- Cowlitz-Wahkiakum County Bar Association, 1999 - 2002
- Vice President/President Elect, Cowlitz-Wahkiakum County Bar Association, 2001-2002
- Board Member, Cowlitz-Wahkiakum County Legal Aid Program, 2000-2002
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law
- B.A., University of Arizona
Publications & Presentations
- Author, Providing Equal Justice for the Domestic Violence Victim: Due Process and the Victim's Right to Counsel, 34 Gonz. L. Rev. 329, 1999