COVID-19 Resource Center
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, McKinley Irvin is committed to sharing and publishing information on issues relating to family law and the coronavirus. We are fully operational and remain available for phone and video conferences.
Divorce and COVID-19 Guide
19 Tips to Productively Navigate Your Family Law Matter During the Pandemic” by Theresa Lorella is intended to help answer basic questions you may have about your divorce or family law case in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. Theresa is a family law attorney and mediator with 15 years’ experience. The topics in this guide reflect the most common questions she has received since the first stay-at-home orders went into effect. Download Guide (pdf)
Family Law Temporary Arbitration Orders
As the courts are currently limiting and postponing temporary order hearings due to the Coronavirus, McKinley Irvin’s arbitration services offer another way to quickly obtain family law temporary orders that are enforceable by the court. Visit our arbitration page to learn more.
COVID-19 Family Law Blogs
See our blogs on family law issues as they relate to COVID-19.
- Timing a Divorce During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tips for Long-Distance Parenting During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Practicing Patience: Family Law Matters in Times of Uncertainty
- Co-Parenting When COVID-19 Stay-At-Home Orders Are Lifted
- Child Support: Paying and Receiving When the Economy is Suffering
- Proceeding with Family Law Matters During the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Alternatives to Trial for Divorces During COVID-19
- Filling the Void: Help for Domestic Violence Victims During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How Domestic Violence Survivors Can Get Help During Coronavirus Shutdown
- How Do I Cope With the Stress of Divorce During the Coronavirus Quarantine?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks and the Effect on Divorce
- How to Handle Child Custody and Visitation During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Announcing Family Law Temporary Order Arbitration Services
- Health and Safety Update from McKinley Irvin
Resources for Parents
Recommended resources for parents during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- AAML and AFCC: Seven Guidelines for Parents who are Divorced/Separated and Sharing Custody of Children During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Parent Map: COVID-19 Resources for Puget Sound Families
- CDC: Talking with Children about Coronavirus Disease
- PBS: 10 Tips for Talking About COVID-19 With Your Kids
- Slate: Care and Feeding Parenting Advice Column
Media Inquiries: Legal Insight on Family Law in the COVID-19 Pandemic
As the Pacific Northwest’s largest family law firm, McKinley Irvin is a leader in complex and emerging areas of divorce and family law. Our attorneys regularly publish and speak on family law issues.
For press inquiries regarding Washington state divorce law and the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact us at email@example.com or 206-397-0399.