About Rachel Bender
An experienced courtroom lawyer, Rachel Bender’s practice focuses on high net worth divorces, property distribution, UCCJEA issues, non-parent custody, and domestic violence matters.
Rachel has quickly earned a reputation as a go-to attorney in the Seattle area, having achieved successful outcomes for her clients through mediation and at trial. She has been recognized repeatedly by her peers as a top attorney in Washington, and has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers® every year since 2018. Rachel’s passion is working closely with families, individuals, and businesses to protect their rights, loved ones, and financial future.
"I hope it gives my clients comfort to know that we will champion their interests and are truly invested in achieving a successful outcome on their behalf."
While Rachel is a skilled trial lawyer, she is also an effective negotiator who frequently achieves optimal results without litigation. Having managed an active family law practice before joining the firm, Rachel says success in family law boils down to one thing:
"Obviously, strong legal knowledge and skills are imperative. But more than anything, what sets a truly effective lawyer apart is compassion. This is the most personal area of law to practice, period. If you don’t have compassion, patience, and understanding, you can’t serve your clients well."
Rachel and her husband are the proud parents of two young daughters. An artist and adventurer at heart, she also enjoys painting, open-water diving, and woodworking, a skill she learned from her grandfather, a Master Carpenter. She is currently reconstructing her pantry from her own design.Next >>
- Washington State Bar Association
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- Federal Bar Association, Western District of Washington Chapter
- King County Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Washington Women Lawyers
- Greater Seattle Business Association
- Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer Attorney, Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP), 2017 - Present
- Board Member, PAWS, 2016 - 2017
J.D., Seattle University School of Law
- Outstanding Service Award, Pro Bono Pledge Program
- Grant Recipient, Public Interest Law Foundation
- Vice-President, ACLU Student Board
- B.A., University of Houston, with honors
Publications & Presentations
- Featured in “Next Gen in Law Series,” Puget Sound Business Journal, January 2023
- Partnership & Shareholder Disputes From Start to Finish, 2014
- Presenter, “Child and Spousal Support: Top Issues that MUST be Addressed,” Top Challenges in Washington Family Law, National Business Institute, November 2022
- Estate Planning Seminar Series, 2016 - 2022
- Finances & Estate Planning: What You Need to Know Before You Get Married, Marriage & Money Seminar, 2016
- Partnership & Shareholder Disputes From Start to Finish, National Business Institute, 2014
- Domestic Violence & Gender Identity, Association of Graduate Liberal Studies Annual Conference at Reed College, 2012
- International Adoption Laws & Domestic Violence, 18th Annual Conference for Research & Creative Arts, 2012
- Women in Societies & Reproductive Justice in Texas, 17th Annual Conference for Research & Creative Arts, 2011
- Diversity Pedagogy, English Composition & Counter-histories Roundtable, 2010