About Brandy Andersson
Brandy Andersson has had a remarkably diverse career since she started practicing law in 2002. Upon graduating law school, she earned an LL.M. in Taxation, and went on to become a felony criminal prosecutor. Brandy transitioned to family law when she decided she could better help domestic violence survivors by working directly as their advocate. She spent several years at Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP) before transitioning to private practice as a family lawyer, where she often served as a Guardian ad Litem.
An open and honest communicator, Brandy ensures that her clients know what to expect during their dissolution proceedings. She enables them to identify their issues clearly and bring them into perspective, which empowers them to move forward. Brandy does this with great empathy and compassion, carried over from her years at ELAP. She succeeds in easing her clients’ minds during a stressful time.
“The relief my clients feel is palpable when they are able to confront their issues directly and bring them to resolution. It is rewarding to help them recover their peace of mind.”
As a former prosecutor, Brandy is an accomplished litigator in court. While she excels in litigation, her goal is to resolve her clients’ cases long before trial becomes necessary.
Additionally, Brandy champions the welfare of children in divorce cases. The former Guardian ad Litem is skilled in promoting the best interests of the children in custody arrangements, and designs the most appropriate parenting plan in each situation.
Brandy enjoys reading, baking, and traveling with her Swedish husband and three daughters. Their favorite places to visit are Pacific Northwest beaches, Disneyland, and, of course, Sweden. They have two dogs: an English Shepard named Riley and a 110-pound Black Russian Terrier named Toby.Next >>
- Member, Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, East King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Domestic Relations Attorneys of Washington (DRAW)
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), Washington Chapter
- Member, American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- DSV Committee, Washinton State Supreme Court Gender and Justice Commission
- Board of Directors, Eastside Legal Assistance Program, 2018 – 2020
- Volunteer Attorney, Eastside Legal Assistance Program, 2015 – 2020
- Volunteer, Lake Washington School District: Elementary School PTSA President (2019-2021) and VP of Fundraising (2014-2015)
- LL.M. in Taxation, University of Washington School of Law
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law
- B.A., University of Missouri
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, Protection Orders: Anatomy of a DVPO, ELAP Fellowship Orientation, June 2016-17
- Presenter, Motions for Reconsideration, Revision & Vacate, ELAP and Domestic Violence, 2015; Domestic Violence Advocacy and IMPACT Project Training, 2015
- Presenter, Ethics for Attorneys in Clinic and Pro Bono Setting, ELAP/Microsoft, 2014
- Panelist, Domestic Violence Dynamics, DV (and Sexual Abuse) and Parenting Plans, WSBA, 2012
- Presenter, Family Law Basics, Washington State Bar Association, 2012
- Panelist, Domestic Violence: What Attorneys Tell Us They Want to Know, ELAP/LifeWire, 2012