When business owners and entrepreneurs get divorced, what is already a
difficult process can get even more complicated. Here's how:
If you are a business owner thinking about divorce
We urge you to
consult with an attorney experienced in complex property division matters, including the valuation
and distribution of business assets.
We can help you address these common questions and formulate a plan on
how to best protect your interests.
- If the business is your main source of income, how will you continue to
provide for yourself (and your children) after divorce?
- How will you maintain your business's finances and reputation?
- How can you protect your business's private records and information?
- How informed are you regarding your business's accounting?
- If you have complex business assets and investments, how will they be valued?
For more information on how divorce can affect business assets, check out
these blog posts:
You can also watch this video of our partner, David Starks,
discussing how we approach divorces with complex financial matters.