About Ron Nerio
Since 2006, family law attorney Ron Nerio has dedicated himself to helping people through a legal process and coming out on the other side with a more hopeful future. His dedication to passionate, thoughtful advocacy is matched only by his litigation skills and stellar record of negotiating settlement agreements that are beneficial to his clients.
"When someone faces a divorce or other family law matter, I make sure they understand their rights, what they are entitled to, and how we are going to achieve the best possible results,” says Ron. “I start by alleviating the most pressing problems—providing some relief and support. Then it’s time to get proactive and steadily progress their case to a positive resolution."
Ron has practiced in family law as a private attorney, a government child support attorney, and a Superior Court family law facilitator, providing him with an extensive knowledge base and well-rounded view of the intricacies of family law. He is also experienced in the complexities of high-conflict divorce and child custody matters.
Ron has extensive trial experience and is known as a fierce advocate in court when the case calls for it. He also recognizes that not every case needs to be litigated at trial and will use Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) techniques to minimize conflict and negotiate issues in a case.
Outside of work, Ron loves to run. He finished his first half marathon in 2015 and is now training for a full marathon. He is continually trying to find new salmon recipes and the perfect bottle of Port wine. Ron is a football and baseball fan, and claims his fantasy football teams are nearly unbeatable.Next >>
- Washington State Bar Association
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- California State Bar Association
- Robert J. Bryan American Inns of Court
- US Federal Court, Eastern District
- US Federal Court, Northern District
- United States Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- J.D., Golden Gate Law School
- Master of Public Administration, California State University – Fullerton
- B.A., Political Science, University of California – Irvine
Publications & Presentations
- "Justice and Compassion in the Legal System," King County Bar Bulletin, December 2017
“Ethics and the Solo Practitioner,” NALS Annual Ethics CLE, 2019