About Jennifer Coombs
Jennifer Coombs was always the one to whom friends turned for advice and comfort when they were facing problems. With her ability to listen and empathize, she was an innate problem solver. And when it came time to decide on a career where she could help people, family law was a natural choice for her.
"To me, family is the most important thing in the world, and when families are going through a divorce, my goal is to help them navigate through the process so they can get back to a happier place."
With a background in both family law and juvenile dependency matters, Jennifer has extensive experience in civil litigation. For over 17 years, she served as a court appointed Guardian ad Litem, evaluating the best interests of children in custody arrangements. This experience makes her especially effective in cases involving parenting plans and non-parental custody issues.
She has a special place in her heart for children, and was a foster parent for many years. She is delighted when she can help families structure a parenting plan that is in the best interests of their children.
Jennifer is respected by colleagues for her courtroom presence and litigation skills. She’s a relentless advocate for her clients, and does everything she can to ensure that their voice is heard. Clients say they can tell she cares about them, and are confident that she provides them with informed and sound advice throughout their cases.
Jennifer and her family love to travel to tropical destinations. They feel most content when they are near the water, and particularly love to snorkel and surf. At home, they enjoy hiking, gardening, and exploring local beaches. They have two spoiled dogs: KiKo, a terrier mix, and KoKo, a rescued chihuahua.Next >>
- Washington State Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- Washington Defenders Association
- Volunteer for Snohomish County Legal Services, Senior Will Clinic
- Volunteer for Snohomish County YMCA Mock Trial Competition
- DSHS licensed foster parent for over 4 years
- Court appointed Guardian ad Litem for over 17 years
- J.D., Willamette University College of Law
- B.A., Washington State University
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, Snohomish County CASA Training
- Panel Member, Snohomish County CASA Training