About Jamie R. Walker
Jamie R. Walker approaches each case with the same sense of urgency and intensity felt by her clients when faced with a family law issue. Her goal in the practice of family law is to help them through this process successfully and provide a positive impact on the rest of their lives. Jamie represents clients in Washington State family law matters from our offices in Tacoma and Puyallup.
Experienced in a broad range of family law matters, including divorce and parenting custody issues, Jamie understands the stressful transition her clients are going through. With extensive experience in the Pierce and South King County courtrooms, Jamie is a strong litigator and well-versed at achieving success in court. She finds this also gives her an edge at the negotiating table.
Jamie believes the first step in any case is developing a strong, individualized strategy.
"I know how to posture my cases for resolution, both inside and outside of the courtroom," says Jamie.”I find that my willingness to go to court is often what can drive the settlement process with the other side. Whether we settle the case with the assistance of local mediators and arbitrators or in front of a judge, I use every asset at my disposal to gain a positive result as quickly and efficiently as possible."
In litigation or negotiation, Jamie’s dedicated approach does not change. Getting a case moving quickly, without sacrificing quality or strategy, is something Jamie knows her clients value.
In every family law matter, Jamie also understands the importance of addressing both the client’s case and their life beyond the case, to make certain that the desired outcome is both positive and practical.
"I get to know my clients so that I understand where they are coming from, what their current situation is, and what their goals are after the case is finished,” she explains. “I never end a case with a client wondering, ‘what do I do now?’ I consider it part of my role to help my client plan for the future."Next >>
- Collaborative Law Professionals of Pierce County
- Tacoma–Pierce County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- South King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- King County Bar Association
- Young Lawyer's Association
- Collaborative Professionals of Washington
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law
- B.A., Western Washington University, Dean's List
Publications & Presentations
- "The Evolution of Extended Family, Court-Ordered Visitation," Northwest Lawyer, January 2019
- “Dealing with Business Income on the Family Law Motion Docket,” King County Bar Bulletin, 2016
- "Technological Developments Create New Opportunities in the Courtroom," Pierce County Lawyer (Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association), July/ August 2014
- Skype Testimony: New Opportunities for Litigation Technology, King County Bar Bulletin, 2014
- "Can I Testify via Skype?" Using Videoconferencing Technology to Enhance Remote Witness Testimony, NW Sidebar, 2014
- “Choosing the Right Family Law Attorney for You,” McKinley Irvin Blog, 2013
- "Trial Preparation," Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association Convention CLE, 2019
- "Grandparents' Rights," NALS Annual Ethics CLE, 2019
- “Podcast: Jamie Walker, Divorce Attorney Discusses How to Not Get to Divorce,” Inspirational Women with Kate Daniels Warm 106.9, 2017
- “Preparing Your Case for Trial,” Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association CLE, 2017
- “Pre-Trial Strategy in Family Law Cases,” 19th Annual Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association Convention 2013
- High Conflict Custody, Family Law Speaker Series CLE, 2013