McKinley Irvin divorce lawyers have spent the last two decades serving Washington and Oregon. We are empathetic advocates for our clients—and relentless in our pursuit of the most favorable outcome on their behalf.
To get the answers you need, contact a divorce attorney at McKinley Irvin today. Our divorce lawyers primarily practice in courts located in Seattle, Tacoma, and Portland, though we have represented divorce and family law clients throughout Oregon and Washington State—as well as across the nation and internationally.
We have prepared a list of 10 factors to consider when hiring a divorce attorney. Please feel free to judge us against this criterion.
Divorce Attorneys with Confident Advocacy and Attentive Service
McKinley Irvin divorce lawyers are seasoned professionals who can answer your questions, inform and guide you through the process, help you formulate goals, set realistic expectations, provide you with options, formulate a case strategy, negotiate from a position of strength, and ultimately be prepared to litigate if reasonable agreements cannot be reached.
Moreover, our attorneys and staff understand the stress and emotional strain our clients go through during divorce proceedings. Our divorce attorneys are dedicated to helping you face the challenges of the moment with an eye toward the future.
Knowledge and Experience
During the last two decades, our divorce attorneys have represented hundreds of clients in Washington State and Oregon divorce actions, including cases involving:
- Contested child custody
- Parenting plans
- Child support
- Property and debt distribution
- Spousal maintenance
- Cases involving complex property and financial issues such as:
- Stock options
- Business valuations
- Tax issues
- Real estate investments and partnerships
- Executive compensation and benefits
- Retirement and pension valuations
- QDRO distributions
- Valuation and distribution of valuable collections
Our divorce attorneys are not only capable and prepared to handle standard divorce cases, they are among the most experienced available for handling complex divorce cases involving complex financial and property matters, as well as litigation, international divorce and family law, appeals, and cutting edge areas of developing family law like domestic partnerships and LGBT family law.
Divorce is a Process — Find the One that is Right for You
Divorce cases are first and foremost about the lives, relationships, and futures of the people involved. Because divorce creates significant disruption resulting in permanent changes there are many questions you might have at the outset, such as:
- How will we split up our property?
- Will I be able to support myself?
- How do I protect my relationship with my children?
- Where will I live?
- Where will my children live?
- How do I prevent my spouse or domestic partner from moving our assets?
At McKinley Irvin, we believe in finding the divorce process that is best suited to our clients and their unique situations. That process could involve dispute resolution processes like negotiation, traditional litigation, mediation, arbitration, collaborative law, or a hybrid of these different methods.
Our goal is to help you understand your options and to help you choose the strategy that will work best for you and your case.
- Why and When You Need a Divorce Lawyer
- How a Team Approach Can Lower Your Legal Costs
- How Long Does a Divorce Take?
- What to Expect in Divorce Court
- What to Expect If You Have to Go to Trial
- Legal Separation or Divorce?
- 10 Tips for Lowering Divorce Costs
- How Do I Get a Divorce in Washington State?
- Divorce Legal Dictionary
To learn more, browse our divorce resources on our blog.
Contact McKinley Irvin to get experienced legal advice today.